Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Netvibes
Scott McClure sent me this article from Slate. I took a quick tour of the netvibes Universes that were recently launched. Check out the link to the bog entry from Tariq (CEO of netvibes) announcing the new feature. He announced the upcoming launch of the feature I have been expecting for over a year:

Personal Universes

Soon, every single Netvibes user will be able to create a personal Netvibes Universe, that is, a Netvibes page that you can build using the content and widgets that you want -- and make it available to the world at large.

Netvibes users will soon have two pages for every account: a private page, where you subscribe to all the content for your personal, everyday use, and a public page, where you can allow others to access your favorite content -- everything that you love on the web.

Netvibes will not only be your start page, but also the page where people who know you (and maybe even some who don't) will go to follow all the feeds, widgets, and sites that you recommend.

I will link my public page to my blog to give my blog readers a sense of what I look at regularly.

No comments: