Interesting event. I thought the panel was great. This is just what stayed with me after the event.
What is Hot?
- mobile (ESPN mobile was highlighted as an example)
- location-aware services on mobile
- shift of focus from consumer technology to business or enterprise technology
- all media will be social (Facebook, Google connect)
- privacy is dead
- advertising message will become the focus
- micro-payments (iTunes, Virtual goods)
- social networking in the short term (under-hyped in the long term)
- virtual worlds
- green (a label that everyone is running after)
- video cpms seem to be pretty high
- internet is destroying peace making mechanism and opinion leaders are being crowded out
- advertising will become an application allowing for message customization
- data as a business will become a reality (I will be able to cut a deal for sharing my data) ... I do not buy this!